Saturday, July 01, 2006

A Hazy Shade of Winter

I had some profound thoughts on local auto dealer Dan Wachtel making promises that are impossible to keep (Nobody Beats Us. Not Now...Not Ever! - see billboard below) and compare that to Barbra Streisand's lawsuits (after announcing she's having another farewell tour). I mean, how can you promise that no one will beat you in the future? This sign has always bothered me. But I'm too tired for that.

Listening to music yesterday (particularly The Doors' Touch Me and Led Zeppelin's Kashmir) got me to thinking about how easy it is for us to worship the created (the music and its creators) instead of the Creator (He who created both). But my mind's too hazy to be that deep. Plus, a quick search on blogger indicates that's not an original idea.

So I'll just show you some pictures I took on the way home tonight.

[click to enlarge to wallpaper size]

This is why I bring a camera with me whenever I leave the house...

2 comments:

  1. JIM!
    thank you for the sky pictures. i get mesmerized by the infinity of it. i have a weak spot for the heavens. it's so...still no words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I enjoy taking them, but I probably have a lot to learn and need more practice.

    The beauty of creation is pretty amazing...

    ReplyDelete