Monday, January 30, 2006

Health: Week 3

Well, this week has had some ups and downs.

The most frustrating thing is, considering the fact that I (and many folks I know) tend to have this on-again, off-again thing with trying to be healthy (AKA, losing weight), I figured it'd be a good idea to get together once a week and discuss it. Primarily for the encouragement and support of a group of like-minded people with the same goals. But, apparently, that's not a very popular idea, so that's a bust. On to the next Great Idea.

I have started a friendly competition with some folks at work to drink 3 liters of water a day. At least there will be some accountability there. Not all of us are overweight, but I think we all see the value of drinking water rather than coffee and soda.

Target was out of Candy Cane Lane Tea this week. Dang. I'll just have to wait until next Christmas.

I need to increase my intake of fruits and vegetables by a massive amount, so I've been drinking a glass of V8 V.Fusion every day. It purports to be equivalent to a single helping of fruit and a single helping of vegetables. Sure, it's not the same as eating an apple and a bowl of greens (I'm not that dumb), but I think it's a step in the right direction.

Current Weight: 265#
Total Change: -8#

No comments:

Post a Comment