Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

I normally don't "do" New Year's Resolutions (should that be New Year Resolutions? is Year's possessive? I digress). I prefer to think that committing yourself to being a better person should happen throughout the year. But, I've been making some changes in my life, and this year I hope that I can start realizing that I'm not a Christian just so I can be "saved"; but I'm a Christian so that I can present the spirit of Jesus to the world. I need to live a life being generous, helping others, and sharing Jesus, not as a means to an end, but as an end in itself. My purpose in following Jesus is not to be saved; my purpose in following Jesus is to "be" Jesus as much as I can to as many people as I can.

It's late; when I wake up tomorrow and re-read this, I'll probably realize then how difficult that might actually be.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!
    I can keep my resolutions, so I stopped with them, hope you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm thinking that the trick might be to renew them constantly throughout the year.

    I like your fractals.

    ReplyDelete