Monday, October 09, 2006

Zoe Ramblings

It was another great weekend at the Zoe Conference in Nashville. Though, I'm glad to be back home with my daughter. And probably the most powerful part of this weekend are the personal epiphanies and the discussions they lead to on the way home.

We didn't get a chance to meet Lauren Winner, which Krista was really looking forward to, but we got her next book. We also found out someone on our staff at Crosspoint bought last year's Jeff Walling's The Gospel According to Matthew dramatization - which was pretty powerful in how it invoked images of time of Jesus and the early church, comparing them to the image of church today. (Can you imagine a church without thieves and prostitutes?!?) I can't wait to show this.

The funniest part of the whole weekend, I think, was when Mike Cope was talking about Jacob's ladder, and the whole story about what happened in Bethel (Jacob sees a ladder to Heaven with angels going up and down; he also wrestles - literally - with God; heavy stuff). Mike noted that "some [Bible] translations - and Led Zeppelin - refer to it as a stairway to Heaven."

I found out that people I hardly know read my blog. (Thanks, Matt and Lindsay!)

Another interesting thing I noted was that the First Unity Church in Nashville had a great sign out front this weekend. (I can't believe I didn't have my camera!)

I AM OPEN TO ACCEPTING
GOD'S GIFT OF PROSPERITY

Sign me up for that one!! They must subscribe to the Joel Olsteen brand of Christianity. (Follow Jesus, and all your earthly desires will come true!)

2 comments:

  1. Uh, yeah, I'm open to that gift, too!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha!

    Hey, I sang some of your songs last night :)

    Well, at least some you arranged...

    ReplyDelete