- How to install a toilet.
- How to replace a keyboard in a mini laptop.
- That toddler riding toys make great dollies to move heavy toilets.
- That if you can't figure out what to eat for lunch and you work close to a Super Target, an asiago cheese bagel, a quarter pound of seasoned Angus roast beef, and some wasabi makes a good sandwich.
- That two packets of wasabi is probably too much for a sandwich like that (though the flames shooting out your nose are pretty cool).
- Target has some delicious looking sushi (I was afraid to try it).
- I shouldn't go into home improvement - some things are better left to professionals.
- I'm old #1: My forearms and hands are sore as can be from cutting tile (see #7).
- I'm old #2: Ralphie (you know, from A Christmas Story) turned 38 today. I turn 38 this year.
- I think I like Nickelback. (I love the song Rockstar.)
- Seether did a cool remake of Wham's Careless Whisper.
- What "waiting with bated breath" means ('bated' is similar to 'abate' - so it's like trying to abate your excitement or hold your breath).
- It's not "baited breath".
- You've got to have a good strategy if you're going to beat a 6-year-old at Mario Kart.
- Finally, I've learned I'm still not very patient. I'd like to slap the next person who answers a multiple-choice question with "yes" (when they're not joking - just not paying attention). When you ask someone if they prefer A or B, and they're only half listening and instead of choosing A or B, they say "yes". It drives me nuts!
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Things I've Learned This Week
It's been a long week, and I've learned a lot.