Saturday, September 30, 2006

The Week in Review

Good grief. What a long week.

Monday. Bad Memory.

To be honest, I really don't remember anything about Monday.

Tuesday. Signs.

I'm not sure if anyone here really believes this:


God is not a Republican
...or a Democrat


As corny as it is, this one got a chuckle out of me:



Wednesday. Weird Blog Stuff.

I'm a numbers fiend. When I was looking at the stats on my Museum of Pop Culture blog, I noticed something bizarre. On Friday, September 22, four different people found their way to the Museum via an MSN search on the words "pop", "culture", and "breakfast" (or some veriation thereof) all within an hour and a half of each other. The really odd thing is that, according to SiteMeter (the site that tracks the hits on my blogs), they came from four completely different places: Columbia, SC; West Lafayette, IN; Columbus, OH; Boston, MA. I'm still trying to figure this out. Then this past Tuesday, someone else in Memphis, TN did the same thing.

Weird.

Thursday. Emergency.

Well, Thursday night, Krista couldn't sleep. I woke up at 2 am (I guess that would have been Friday), to her coughing so hard she almost couldn't breathe (she's also pregnant, so add that to the mix). So we dropped Julianna at the house of some good friends (good enough to wake up at 2 am; thanks, Mark and Gena) and went to the ER where they listened to Krista's breathing and gave her a cough supressant.

*sigh*

She's better now, but I think I could have thought of that one.

Thursday night's sunset


Friday. This Is the End.

I was standing in line to buy coffee at Cowboy's on Cox Creek Parkway yesterday. The cashier asked the guy in front of me his birthday because he was buying some Marlboro Reds. He replied with my birthday. I guess statistically, that's not as fascinating as it could be. If there are 23 people in a room together there's about 50% chance that two of them will have the same birthday. If I was a bit more adventurous, and less tired, I could figure out how many people I'd have to meet for there to be a 50% chance for me to share a birthday with one of them. Hey, Mark, there's a math problem for you.

I listened to Sarah Brightman's Deliver Me a lot yesterday. I think it's going to be my new prayer. I wonder if they'll let us sing it at church.

Last night was also Higher Grounds at Crosspoint. It was a nice way to end the week. To sit and relax, with my arm around my girl, eyes closed, listening to some beautiful live music.

The only picture that really came out OK from last night.


Friday night's sunset with a stream of cars going to Brooks High School for a football game

It's been a long week. I'm glad it's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment