Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Hello?

Some days are harder than others...

Days where you don't feel like typing...
Your job is getting more difficult on a daily basis...
You're worried because your wife thinks she may still have a kidney stone...
There are days when you do things out of obligation rather than desire.

I was going to pen this long essay about doing things - doing the right things - not because of "having to" but because of "wanting to". I think that's true, and that it's important. In a walk with God, I think He teaches us that ultimately, he wants us to desire to do His will; not do it because it's "necessary".

But that desire has to be strong to pull you through the days where you don't actually feel the want; those days that you remember that you wanted something badly yesterday, and you know you'll want the same thing badly tomorrow, so you'll push through today even though you don't have the same feeling.

Days where you don't feel the presence of God, but you just have to know he's there...


Took this picture today on the way to work in Decatur.



***

Have you ever heard the saying, Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery; today is a gift; that's why it's called "the present"? Probably not something I'd ever come up with, but I see point. Apparently, though, The First Missionary Baptist Church in Town Creek, AL, thinks it's not the future that's a mystery, but that today is what we don't know much about...


Taken today in Town Creek.



***

And apparently, there's a group out there that thinks going to church on Sunday is...

...the work of the Devil?


Taken today on the way into Decatur


I don't tend to read our local classified paper, but I happened across this ad today.

Ok, "the work of the Devil" may be an oversimplificiation, but according to Seven Day Adventists Believe... (A Biblical Exposition of Fundamental Doctrines) (Copyright 1988 by the Ministerial AssociationGeneral Conference of Seventh-day Adventists), the Bible teaches that worship takes place on Saturday, and those choosing to worship and honor Sunday in the full knowledge that it is not God's appointed day of worship, will receive the "mark of the beast" (p. 167).

Interesting.

Quote of the Day
I cried out with no reply
And I can't feel You by my side
So I'll hold tight to what I know
You're here and I'm never alone.
-Barlow Girl, Never Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment