Saturday, August 26, 2006

Higher Grounds II

Well, Wes Hall, Erin Hall, and Shawn Puryear pulled off another excellent night of Higher Grounds at Crosspoint Church last night. There wasn't as much local talent as last time, but it was still a lot of fun. It's great to have a nice, low-key local Florence, AL venue for live music (I know, I need to hit First Friday next month). A couple of local guys (I'm kicking myself for not remembering their names), along with their own songs, covered Steely Dan's, Ricky Don't Lose My Number and The Police's Message in a Bottle. Both were pretty amazing. We had some good talent from Crosspoint, too. I'm amazed at the folks from our own church and their songwriting ability.

Here are a couple of pictures. I took more, but I need a lot more practice taking pictures in a darkened room. (Click on the photos for full size.)

Rex Hall, Shawn Puryear, Bridgett Flynn


Meredith Wallace, Al Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment