Monday, February 06, 2006

Do The Right Thing

I think God would want me to do what is right regardless of what other people are doing.

The more I realize what is important to God, the more I see people who claim His name, so to speak, but are interested in their own agendas.

I start to see hypocrisies everywhere:
  • the sexual content of Desperate Housewives is ok, but not the sexual content of Will & Grace
  • we need to know everything Paul said about how to worship, but don't really know anything Jesus said about love or compassion
  • we need to expend our energy picketing Brokeback Mountain, but never lift a finger to fight poverty
And it frustrates the crap out of me.

But the more I think about what to write here, the more thankful I am that I've been led to write.

I think this exercise in itself helps me realize that I'm letting other people be an obstacle to me, and an obstacle to my attitude.

If I'm really doing what I believe is God's will, then it shouldn't matter. I don't need to fall prey to my own frustrations:
  • I think I'll spend my time finding the logical holes in everyone else's theology, rather than showing people what Jesus is like.
Ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment