Tuesday, October 11, 2005

What's in God's wallet?

I passed by a church this morning in Muscle Shoals - the one on the corner of 6th St. and Wilson Dam Rd. (I don't remember what it's called) and I see this sign on their marquee:

IF GOD HAD A
WALLET,
WOULD
YOUR PICTURE
BE IN IT?

I thought about that for awhile, and it really started to bother me. What kind of message is that? A message of conditional love?

GOD DOESN'T
LOVE YOU
UNLESS YOU GO
TO CHURCH

I know they didn't mean that, but who is the sign for? Do people really think about what they are putting up when they try to find something cute to put on their church marquee? Do they really consider that they are sharing a message with everyone who doesn't know Jesus?

If you put the cute sayings on your church marquee, please, please, consider your audience.

Quote of the Day
God isn't late with his promise as some measure lateness. He is restraining himself on account of you, holding back the End because he doesn't want anyone lost. He's giving everyone space and time to change.
-Peter, in his first letter (that we have recorded)

No comments:

Post a Comment