I was pretty excited to be laid up all weekend - I think I had the flu. What I thought was a cold on Friday turned into a cold with fever on Saturday. I don't know if the self-diagnosis holds, but that's my story...
Some things I got to do while (mostly) laying around:
- Well, before I realized I was really sick, I went to the pumpkin patch with the family. Oops; hope I didn't get anyone sick.
- Missed going to the UNA homecoming game Saturday night. I'm not big on sports, but I've never been to a live college football game, so I thought it'd be fun. Maybe next time.
- Finally watched a couple of episodes of Numbers, but, even though I'm a math geek, wasn't overly impressed.
- Got halfway through the new Harry Potter book.
- Watched the Shaq blockbuster Steel. Wrote my first comic book movie review since watching Sin City. (OK, by the time I got around to writing the review, I was sitting up and feeling better).
- Looked forward, with fondness, to going to work Monday morning. (Maybe that's a stretch.)
Not a very exciting weekend, but I am definitely praising God for helping me to pick up with my writing. I think it's what is going to help me keep my sanity.
Quote of the day
You're not going crazy...you're going sane in a crazy world!
-The Tick, The Tick vs. The Idea Men