Monday, February 21, 2005

The Death of Customer Service


Ugh. WalMart.

Am I the only one that cannot stand going to the single most popular place in Florence, AL? (And don't try to hit it on a Friday or Saturday night!) I don't know if our economy is glutted and Americans have too much money, or if apathy has infused our entire generation, but why do companies with horrible customer service stay in business? I may as well ask, why do I still frequent them? From the time the greeter greets you with that plastic smile (probably thinking, I wouldn't have to be here if I could live off my Social Security check), to the time the checkout person sends you off with a grunt and a grimace, the Trip to WalMart has to be the low of my day.

One of these days I'm going to be a conscientious consumer. I'll only frequent those businesses that I want to prosper, regardless of price, regardless of convenience. One day, when I have more money, when I have more time. One day...

But, if I'm honest, I know that if I don't start practicing what I preach now, that day will never come.

No comments:

Post a Comment