Saturday, June 10, 2006

To Boycott or Not to Boycott

I reflect upon the films that are in theaters right now, and I realize that this is the first time I've ever seriously considered boycotting a movie. I think about the world and the state it is in today, and the messages we are sending to our children. The messages this culture and Hollywood is trying to force on us. I've thought long and hard about this, and I'm really torn. Should I see it? Should I not? Should I at least understand what people are going to see so that I have a basis for discussing it? But, I guess the real question here is, do we really need another movie with Larry the Cable Guy??

But, I broke down today and took my daughter to see Cars. And another small part of my integrity seems to be torn away. Even worse, I enjoyed the film. Another win for degeneracy...

1 comment:

  1. cars rocked. you must admit there is hope...

    ReplyDelete