Saturday, August 12, 2006

Who wants reality TV?

I finally get reality shows. After years of making fun of Survivor, American Idol, and the many, many others, I think I finally get a glimpse of the popularity. I just completed a mini-marathon of the first three episodes of Who Wants To Be a Superhero? and I can see now how easy it is to get caught up in the game. Who's going to win? Who's getting eliminated next? Though on this show, it's more like being voted out of the secret headquarters.

But Stan Lee put an interesting spin on this. Testing things like courage, honesty, compassion, self-sacrifice; indicating that it's what's on the inside that makes a superhero. The winner (or rather their superhero) gets their own comic book and Sci Fi channel movie. Pretty tempting, in my opinion, even compared to that million-dollar Survivor prize. If you're into reality shows, or into comic books or superheroes, check it out; the show is pretty interesting. It's got a few more weeks and appears on Thursday nights on Sci Fi (9/8 C).

No comments:

Post a Comment