Thursday, January 25, 2007

It's Time For Animaniacs...


You know, I liked all the Christmas presents I received this year.

But one stands out from the rest.

It's my Animaniacs Season 1 DVDs.

There are 2 things that set it apart from the other gifts I've enjoyed.

1. The nostalgia factor.

When I was in grad school (it's been about 10 years now), there wasn't a lot that made me happy in life. There was Krista. There was going to the movies with Krista at Towson Commons (if you read that article, the Borders was still there when we lived in Baltimore). There was visiting our friends Lynne and Richard (and Betsy) - who we saw about once a month.

And there was Saturday morning cartoons. I got up religiously every Saturday morning at 8 am (which was made easier by the fact that we had two Saturdays - we weren't going to church at the time) and watched the Fox cartoon line-up of Animaniacs, Eek! the Cat, X-Men, Spiderman, and The Tick. It was great joy. And fond memories of a time that had few are a great treasure.

2. Then there's the Julianna factor.

It's awesome to be able to have something that gives me great memories that I can share with my daughter. She dances to the opening tune, It's time for Animaniacs... and she loves it when Pinky and the Brain comes on (What are we going to do tonight, Brain? Same thing we do every night, Pinky - try to take over the world!).

It's great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment